Thursday, March 18

Hmmmm... We have a dilemma

So you know the picture of the Master Bedroom I posted online when we moved in?

Love it huh? We received this as a wedding gift and I saved it in its packaging until we moved into the new house, at the very end of October.

Fast forward to this past week when I took it to have it cleaned. I learned a very valuable lesson with my last comforter, they do not fit in top loading machines. At all. So I have made it a point to always take my comforter to have it cleaned. Well it came back and the corner seams are ripped and the filling is coming out! I convinced the cleaners to drop the cleaning charges but I know they didn't ruin the comforter because the sheets that went with this set have already started to ravel too... horrible quality.

UGH! Look at the dates, end of Oct - Mid March? Hello, less than 6 months and this is ruined? I am really upset about it because of course we registered for the matching curtains, and throw pilllows... what do I do with this?

So I am thinking of repairing the comforter and putting the whole set (throw pillows, curtains and all) in the guest bedroom. The green stripe in the bedding will go nicely with the green color in this room. And we do not have company too often, so I think it will work well in there.


But this set looks really bad in the Master, because it is painted blue. Plus this set has no curtains and was kinda inexpensive so I might be put in the linen closet and we'll pick out something new for our room.

Any suggestions on what to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is your striped comforter beyond repair?

-Jeremy Batchelor