Saturday, February 27

Simply Saturday...

Saturdays are wonderful. Especially Saturdays when we have nothing really planned. We got up around 9:45 and had waffles (my fav). Then after relaxing and ordering some books online from the library (love that) I decided to make something in my new crockpot.

As some of you might know, I ordered a new crockpot online last week. It is one with a timer! I love that! You set the time and when it reaches that time it turned to low. Perfect! So what I decided to make was homemade applesauce since I had a whole bag of apples that needed be used.

So I found a recipe here: http://www.barbarabakes.com/2009/10/crockpot-applesauce.html

Pretty picture from the website...

Sadly, I didn't have 5 of each type, I had 10 Gala, so that is what I went with. I will let you know how it turns out...

Right now we are a little more than an hour in to the cooking time and the house smells fantastic! Come on applesauce!

UPDATE!

Homemade Applesauce = Delicious!
Funny how Dad showed up at just the time it was complete... haha! I also got to use my most awesome $3.00 purchase from the Thift Store, an emulsion blender. It came with all the parts, instruction book, and the plastic was still on everything, including the little twist tie on the cord! Mega find! Worked great too!

Anyways, I was half way through my little ramekin when I realized I should take a picture, so here is a not so good iPhone pic.

No comments: