Saturday, May 16

Relay for Life

Friday was Relay for Life for Lee County. Tramway had a hair spray booth, which was a HUGE success! I am really proud of my school, I work with a wonderful group of people who are always so giving. At Tramway we have three 4th grade boys who are cancer survivors! It was awesome to see them do their survivor lap.

Matt and I walked from 5:30-6:30 and helped run the Tramway booth from 6:30-7:00. At 7pm they did the survivor lap, each person that was a cancer survivor had their name read aloud before they walked. It was a real eye opener. There were so many people walking.... men, women, seniors, children... cancer doesn't have favorites. And then I thought to myself, "This isn't even everyone in our town that has dealt with this" the number is staggering.

There is a nice article in today's Sanford Herald about the three boys at Tramway with cancer. They are truly amazing kids to have battled (and beat) cancer at such a young age.

Here are a few pictures from Relay for Life, because a blog post isn't a blog post without pictures. I did edit the pictures so that people that I didn't know weren't all over the internet without their approval.


No comments: