Thursday, March 26

Gotta Catch Them All!

The past 2 days have been great! I am really enjoying intersesssion, in fact it is going to be really hard to wake up at 6am on Monday morning...

Wednesday I got to do a phone interview with the Sanford Herald about Affordable Honeymoons and I got to talk about Vegas, Yay Vegas! Look for that April 4th. They might even post a picture! I also found out that Dana of DWA Photography has 2 of my bridal portraits on her website! That is really neat, she takes such beautiful pictures and is a lot of fun to work with! Funny how I had two wedding related things on one day.

Thursday has been fun! I went back to the quilt shop that my mom found in Fayetteville. Be proud of me, I didn't buy a thing this time! A pattern that my grandma wanted had come in and I went with her and my neice Heather down there. Heather bought some Amy Butler fabric, it is so hard to resist her designs. In fact, the Wordless Wednesday this week was an Amy Butler fabric (the brown and green) and a Heather Baily print. Also a very neat Amy Butler purse pattern and a skirt pattern that I am hoping to make out of the cream colored fabric.

I was able to do a little sewing tonight after I got back from bowling with Dad and Amy for Amy's birthday. Amy and I shared the world's largest banana split...


I finished a lunchbag for Alex and an iPod Touch case. It is out of Pokemon fabric, which is what he wanted. I had ordered a yard over a year ago for like $2.00 when I was buying some other fabric thinking I could make my youngest neice something. I never did think of what to make her out of it, so I am glad I was able to use it! They are all lined in the same green.


While I was at it, I decided that I need a case too. Love that lime and turquoise!


Here are links to the tutorials that I used to make the bag and cases. I changed the lunchbag a good deal because I lined mine and did not use oilcloth but regular cotton fabric fused with interfacing to make it stiff.
Lunchbag: http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?page=section/classroom/sewprojects/lunchtote/lunchsack.html
Cases: http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=740

No comments: