Monday, October 19

Cake Class

Tonight was the last night of cake decorating class. I think my cake turned out well, even though the teacher said my icing could have been smoother. Oh well, it is what it is and I wasn't spending 5 hours on it. Seriously some people spent many many hours on their cake. It took me 1 hour to decorate plus the time to bake it... bam.


This is my cake. I liked it. Simple cute design. I do not like the borders but they were very last minute (we were being timed, we only had an hour to complete our cakes). You could bring in pre-made things from home to decorate your cake with, but I chose to not do any of the roses or sugar flowers. Everyone besides Amy and I brought in pre-made pieces.

This is Amy's cake. I wish I had a picture of the side of it. Amy had little fish and corral all along the sides...

I really like the way Amy used cookie crumbs as the sea floor.

Here is a group shot of all the cakes...

No comments: