Saturday, August 1

House Hunting!

What an excellent day!

Matt and I started our first trip house hunting... we checked out one Open House (more the check out Sunday) and drove by a few houses that were for sale but not open. We have learned a lot about house hunting in just a few short hours:
#1: Pictures online can be very deceiving! There was one house that we really like, great location, big backyard with a fence and a good price.... yeah we found out why, nutty neighbors with a ton of junk outside their house!
#2: A GPS is a must when looking for houses in an unknown neighborhood. Thanks Garmin, we couldn't have done it without you!
#3: Matt and I do not like ranch homes. Sorry, we love stairs and the look of a 2 story home.
#4: We need a yard. Does not have to be a big yard, but we need some sort of yard.
#5: Everyone has a dishwashers but me.... its true.

Here are a few pictures of some houses we checked out today, I pulled all the pictures off of zillow.com...

Too cute! I think this one is my favorite just by the look of the outside, couldn't get inside.


Yes, I know we said no ranches, but this one kinda stood out... mostly because of the great price!


This one was really nice from the outside, sat on a corner lot.


We walked through 3 different floor plans at Creekside Commons and decided that we just had to have some sort of yard! Cute houses, I just loved the colors all lined up together. Would be perfect at the beach...

After all the house hunting was done we got a phone call from Matt's dad inviting us out to dinner. The whole Quinn family had a lovely dinner at Chef Warrens in Southern Pines. I love this place, everything is always so inventive, Nothing plain Jane about it. I had soft shell crab atop cheddar grits with grilled tomatoes, most everyone else had a filet, which looked delicious too. And I learned that yes I do like figs, if they are cooked in brown sugar and paired with prosciutto and cream cheese... yum! What an fantastic way to end such a wonderful day!

No comments: