Saturday, May 2

Little Gems

I guess I am a lot like my Daddy... I love to go to antique shows and flea markets. Mostly because I like unusual things (like gold busts of Elvis) and now because I have a deep love for Fiestaware.

Oh Fiestaware, how I love you. With your bright colors and perfect shapes. The way you haven't broken or chipped even when I drop you. How your plates go right into the oven to allow cheese to melt atop my nachos. Oh Fiestware!

Here are the little gems I picked up today at the Cameron Street Festival. At quite the deal I must say...

Gorgeous eh? The plate in the back is a 12 inch pizza plate in plum. I think it will make a gorgeous cake plate. The two pitchers are Fiestaware's juice pitchers. They are about 6 inches tall. One in white and one in my favorite Fiestaware color chartreuse. Last is a sweet little 1 quart bowl in chartreuse. They are all sitting on a piece of vintage fabric that I picked up as well.

I also picked up these...

Embrodery hoops. I have seen on another blog where you take fabric and stretch between the hoops and then hang them as a display. I loved the idea and the price was great! $2 for all these hoops plus some other sewing notions.

I am hoping tomorrow to add another gem to my list of finds! I have contact someone on Craigslist about a little jewel I hope to bring home tomorrow... you'll have to wait and see what it is and if I get it! I love vintage things!

No comments: