Tuesday, April 7

Another Quilt

This is my favorite quilt for a few reasons. I love the pattern, I really think it turned out well! Another reason is why the quilt was made in the first place. I made this quilt from start to finish in 4 days (I skipped Saturday).


Names have been covered up...

I had to be quick with this quilt because it is being given to a very special person Tuesday. There is a little boy at our school in the 4th grade who was diagnosed with t-cell ALL leukemia in August. I had his little brother last year in my class. When you teach you get to know not just the kids in your room, but their families as well. This is a wonderful family and great kids. I am happy to say that the 4th grader is doing well and finished his last day of radiation on Friday! To celebrate radiation being over, the school decided to put together a bucket of goodies for the family. I felt really moved to make this quilt for him. He is a HUGE UNC fan and I had 1 1/2 yards of UNC fabric left from Stephanie's quilt. It is the perfect size for a couch throw. So I got busy!

Tuesday- Bought Fabric for the top of quilt, batting and binding
Wednesday- Cut all the fabric out
Thursday- Sewed all the squares together
Friday- Put the squares together to make the pattern and created the top (bottom right pic)
Saturday- Joann's for a little more white fabric for a border (no sewing on this day)
Sunday- Added border, basted, quilted, and binded!

No comments: