Sunday, February 1

Big Weekend

This has been a very busy weekend for us! Matt had his Campbell Law School Symposium Friday, we had Barrister's Ball on Saturday, and today is a Super Bowl party. Whew!

I apologize for not blogging more lately, I have been busying helping Matt with this symposium stuff (don't even ask me how many papers I hole-punched) and then I got sick Thursday :(

But luckily I bounced back and had a grand time on Friday and Saturday night. Friday night Matt and I went out to celebrate the symposium. To all the LR staff, it went off perfectly! Here is Matt's opening speech:

Did you hear my nervous laughter? I had all these people turn to look at me and I am looking like a nerd taking a video! I was like, "Oh man!" But it was seriously sweet that Matt mentioned me... awww!

Then that night we ate at a wonderful restaurant called Fins. It was rated the #2 seafood restaurant in the country by Bon Appetit magazine in Dec. 2008 and the Triangle's best restaurant in 2008. Matt and I stumbled across this little gem just because it was close to the hotel and we just wanted to walk somewhere close :)

Saturday we had another wonderful meal at Sullivan's Steakhouse in downtown Raleigh. We had a nice little private room with about 8 other couples that Matt goes to school with. It was a great time. Then it was onto the Barrister's Ball. Here is a couple of pictures from that, I didn't take too many due to the fact that I wanted to dance!

The King and I


Me, Whit, and Matt.

It is hard to believe that it is only a few more months until graduation for Matt! We can't wait!
Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!

No comments: